The Province of St. Joseph of the Capuchin Order is currently seeking a Cap Corps Midwest Ministry Director.
The primary responsibilities of the Cap Corps Ministry Director will be to direct the program by recruiting and supporting full-time volunteers who will explore social justice and Franciscan spirituality through intentional community living and working full-time with a non-profit.
- Demonstrate, exemplify and support the Capuchin Charism and Provincial Mission, Vision and Values throughout all professional responsibilities and activities
- Develop and implement a comprehensive plan to meet the ongoing volunteer needs of Province of St. Joseph ministries in Michigan, Wisconsin and Montana and other ministries
- Screen ministries to ensure their work is consistent with the Province’s Mission, Vision and Values
- Develop relationships with college campus ministries, service learning departments and other campus based groups, as well as community organizations in the cities of service
- Conducts and facilitates screening, placement and orientation with volunteers.
- Trains and supports local coordinator teams
- Facilitates multiple retreats and workshops throughout the year
- Responsible for the spiritual formation of volunteers, as well as ongoing mentoring
- Oversees budget and tracks financial expenses of the program
- Conducts fundraising activities the ministry
- Serves as liaison between the program and Cap Corps service sites
- Comply with Province and ministry policies, procedures, guidelines and standards
- Ability to travel frequently
The desired minimum education and experience level for this position is a Bachelor’s degree, experience with a full-time volunteer program, and at least 1 year experience supervising employees or volunteers.
Proficient in MS Office software. Demonstrated understanding of how to use and incorporate social media throughout the ministry. Proficient in English and a secondary language (written and spoken).