Position Title: Regional International Projects Officer – sub-Saharan Africa
Report to: International Projects Director
Educational or Certification Requirements: B.A. in International Studies, Busines Administration, Health, Education or related discipline.
Experience Requirements: Two or more years experience living and working in relief/development project oversight or related field in sub-Saharan Africa.
Knowledge and Skills Required or Preferred:
- Strong project management, conceptualization and strategic planning skills
- Excellent, presentation, organizational, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Foreign cultural awareness/sensitivity
- Budgeting experience
- Marketing/communications skills and experience
- Highly detailed oriented with the ability to manage large volumes of data
- Ability to manage projects of a variety of sizes and complexities
- Experience with databases and strong working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word
- Experience working as part of a team
- Based in Pompano Beach, FL, but up to 40% travel (internationally)
- Monitor ongoing overseas projects in sub-Saharan Africa to ascertain compliance with funding and other requirements.
- Provide technical/management recommendations. Provide verbal and written reports on current project activity to International Projects Director, Vice President for Missions and President.
- Collaborate with Gifts-in-Kind (GIK)/Shipping staff to ensure expeditious transport of needed GIK to partners in Africa.
- Provide program performance feedback to Vice President and other executive management.
- Ensure that scope, schedule, or cost changes are identified and communicated accurately and on a timely basis to Int’l Projects Director.
- Track and verify accuracy of project financial related documentation.
- Make travel and other logistical arrangements with grantees and mission/marketing trip participants for group field visits.
- Communicate effectively to all levels of the organization in order to accomplish goals and report to senior Management regarding project status updates.