Monthly Archives: May 2018
Speaker: Dwayne Fernandes
Location: St. Anne’s Parish
325 Second Avenue, Garwood, NJ
Pastor: Rev. Msgr. Ronald J. Marczewski
Masses: Saturday 4:30 pm; Sunday 8:00 am, 10:00 am, 12:00 pm
Rural & Migrant Ministry Inc.
Are you committed to change? There are many agricultural and food system workers throughout the Hudson River and Catksills region who are committed to change. Rural & Migrant Ministry is determined to stand with them and we need a creative, determined educator to lead us.
Utilizing Participatory Education, the Coordinator will oversee the creation of a Leadership Development Program with, and among food system workers (especially farmworkers) throughout the region that leads to systemic change. This will take place as we collaboratively develop a new Rural Worker Education Center.
Working hand in hand with the Executive Director, the position has several fundamental components:
1. Establishing a Rural Worker Education Center that will be a Center for both farmworker and farmworker ally Leadership Development.
- A key component will be the partnership with workers in developing curriculum utilizing Popular and Participatory Education.
- The Coordinator will also develop a steering committee of workers that will have oversight of the development and implementation of the worker education program
- We are especially interested in leadership development pathways that will lead to worker equity.
- The Coordinator will also help develop training programs for participation in the Justice for Farmworkers Legislative Campaign
- Locate and establish a new Center (in collaboration with the Executive Director,) and subsequently be in charge of the Center.
2. Outreach within the farmworking and rural worker communities
- Engage in reaching out to, and meeting with, workers throughout the region in their homes, camps etc.
- This will lead to support and involvement in various emerging farmworker organizing campaigns in the region
- Collaborate with existing RMM Youth Empowerment Programs and our Worker Education Center in the Catskills.
3. Coordinate regional activities within the Hudson River region for Rural & Migrant Ministry
- Work with others who are developing and implementing training programs for allies
- Assist in development efforts within the Hudson Valley including presentations and grant writing.
- Supervise staff, volunteers and interns.
The position will require collaboration with farmworkers, other RMM staff members, and allies within the faith, labor, academic and activist communities.
Requirements of the position include:
- Experience in Popular Education and social change process
- Experience in managing a program
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Strong experience in, and interest working with faith and labor communities
- Able to work irregular hours
- Work experience and a strong commitment to social change process
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, and organizing skills
- Self-motivated with excellent speaking skills
- Willingness to live in the mid-Hudson region
- A driver’s license
This is a Full -time position with flexible hours and days. Compensation includes:
- Full Medical and Dental Insurance
- Four weeks vacation
- Contributions to a Retirement Plan (403B)
RMM’s Global Non-discrimination Policy provides that we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, color, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, pregnancy, covered veteran status, protected genetic information and/or political affiliation.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
The Rev. Richard Witt, Executive Director
Rural & Migrant Ministry
PO BOX 4757
Poughkeepsie, NY 12602