This is a great opportunity with Catholic Relief Services! The position is based in Chicago, IL.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 5-10 years relevant experience; community organizing experience helpful; experience in organizing and leading workshops
- bi-cultural (Latino/a) preferred, proficiency or fluency in Spanish helpful
- understanding of Catholic Social Teaching; knowledge of the structure of the US Catholic Church, ability to work within its culture
- broad knowledge of international issues, particularly those pertaining to the developing world
- an understanding of and track record in working for long-term social change
- cross-cultural experience (work, study, travel) in developing countries a plus
- willingness to travel in the Midwest; (occasionally overseas)
JOB RESPONSIBLITIES: CATHOLIC RELIEF SERVICES RELATIONSHIP MANAGER-MIDWEST:
- Serve as an active resource to Catholic diocesan directors, campus educators and other key institutional leaders, providing information on CRS’ work overseas, on international policy and advocacy issues, and on programs & resources for engagement in the US on these issues.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new initiatives in the region, especially as relates to engaging the Latino Catholic community in global solidarity activities thru CRS.
- Provide training opportunities for various diocesan, parish, and university leaders in order to build their capacity to be engaged in international issues related to CRS’ mission. This might include conducting workshops – e.g. at diocesan conferences, college conferences on such topics as: CRS work around the world, Catholic Social Teaching; international advocacy & policy issues.
- Coach and advise diocesan (or university) teams as they organize opportunities for others act to confront global poverty, using CRS resources.
- Forward the international policy, advocacy and legislative priorities of the US Catholic Church, focused on promoting greater justice and peace for those we serve around the world – through engagement of significant numbers of Midwest Catholics and key leaders in the legislative process.
ABOUT CATHOLIC RELIEF SERVICES:
CRS, founded in 1943 is the official international relief, development and social justice organization of the Catholic community in the US (The US Conference of Catholic Bishops). CRS works overseas in nearly 100 countries around the world. Overseas: the agency provides direct service in the form of emergency relief in the wake of disasters, and long term development assistance in the areas of agriculture, community health, education, and peace-building. In the United States: through five CRS regional offices, and local dioceses, parishes, universities, schools, CRS serves Catholics by sharing the global mission of building one, human family through education, engagement and advocacy.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED AND MEET THIS CRITERIA,
please submit your cover letter and resume at www.crs.org.
Regional Director, CRS Midwest
770 N Halsted, Suite #170
Chicago IL 60642